Tuesday, January 31, 2012

For Ms. Fericelli

Simply put, I was blessed to have a teacher like Ms. Fericelli during high school. Connect Crew shaped me into who I am today and why I do what I do. Everything she taught us was, in the end, for us and for those we are surrounded by. I know she was, is and always will be that one adult I feel comfortable going to for advice. It break my heart to know her father passed away. Even more so, because during my senior year we saw her go through the beginning of the rough patches with him in and out of the hospital. Her having to miss class, and sometimes when she would be at school, just having quiet time because she was not afraid to let us know she wasn't feeling too well. The trust she gained for her students, and the trust we gained for her, brought us that much closer as a class, a school, a community, and a loving family. I have seen the strength she has been blessed with. The determination as well, the smiles, the "life goes on" motto. They're are more reasons why she meant so much to me. She reminded me a lot of myself. I always caught myself thinking "that's how I want to be when I grow up." Even though, I have grauated, and I haven't had that much time to visit her as I wanted to and always said I would. I just want her to know what an inspiration she was to me, and other former and current students. Her legend will live on forever. I know she won't be a different person after this. The forgiving, caring, strong, generous, beautiful teacher God has blessed us with. I pray that she find comfort, peace, and happiness, in God's presence. I pray for her fatherto be guided into Heaven. That he can somehow let her know he's safe, that he's with God. I want her to know that she is loved and supported. To not look down, because where one door closes, another one is being opened.

Tuesday 1/31/12